OCI’s mission is to promote confidence and public trust in County government and support the County’s strategic goals and initiatives by leading County efforts to prevent, detect, and deter waste, fraud, and abuse.
We accomplish this by:
- Operating and promoting awareness of the Fraud Hotline as a resource for employees, vendors, and members of the public to anonymously report waste, fraud, and abuse within or against County government
- Conducting independent, relevant, and timely investigations in accordance with applicable professional standards and best practices
- Fairly and objectively presenting facts and findings arising from our investigations to facilitate meaningful and lasting corrective actions, to strengthen the County’s system of internal controls, to allow management to pursue appropriate administrative remedies, and to support the just prosecution of criminal conduct
- Promoting accountability, integrity, and efficiency in County operations
- Advising the Board of Supervisors and County executive management on fraud, risk management, and efficiency issues
- Informing the public and other stakeholders of the results of our investigations and outcomes
- Aligning County anti-fraud efforts to support the Board’s strategic goals and priorities
We strive to be a model investigative organization within County government that leads by example, champions change and continuous improvement, promotes excellence, and never compromises integrity or independence. We celebrate the diversity of our workforce, and value the unique skills and contributions of every team member. We work collaboratively, as one professional unit, seeking out opportunities to add value and assurance to County programs, and to uphold the trust of the communities served by our government.
- Respect for the Law